|Quebec City is Canada's only walled city...|
- Quebec City's old town (Vieux-Québec) is the only remaining fortified walled city north of Mexico
- Vieux-Québec has been declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- There are lots of things you can do in Quebec City - here are just a few
|Iqaluit Airport's distinctive yellow terminal building|
|1928 Sikorsky S-38B at Iqaluit Airport (Source: Polar Pilots)|
|This Douglas C47A 10DK Dakota 3 (DC-3) ran out of fuel and |
landed on the tundra about 45 nm north east of Iqaluit in 1975.
Like many arctic plane crashes, the plane is still there
to this day. (Source: Polar Pilots)
- Polar Pilots - Iqaluit Trip Reports
- Polar Pilots - Planespotting at YFB
- Iqaluit Airport Promotional Brochure
|Airbus A380 at Iqaluit Airport (Source: Polar Pilots)|
Unless you arrive in winter though, you will find that around town most things are within walking distance.
|Bilingual Inuit and English stop sign in Iqaluit. |
The sign may say STOP, but if you are intrigued,
you should GO to Iqaluit!
We hope you've enjoyed learning about this destination where the Race passed through. More next week...