|Welcome to Hong Kong!! The Amazing Race Canada teams landed here in Week 3.|
|The Pit Stop for Week 2 was the at the crab dock in Tofino... but we bet they didn't sleep in there...||Tofino Crab Dock: What's in a name?|
|By some mysterious means, the teams mysteriously left Tofino, and mysteriously made their way to an international airport.|
Why so secret? ... (we jest, but it's fun!)
|How did they leave Vancouver Island?|
Tofino Airport (YAZ) ?
Nanaimo Airport (YCD) ?
BC Ferries from Departure Bay?
|In the kick-off for Week 3 of The Amazing Race Canada, the teams flew to Hong Kong on Air Canada... We're guessing they flew from Vancouver International Airport (YVR)... do you agree?||Arrival at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) was the first trip outside Canada for #RaceCDA!|
|Upon arrival in Hong Kong, the teams were told to make their way up to Lantau Peak. One team even knew which colour taxi to take! Once at the base, the teams took the Ngong Ping Cable Car up to Ngong Ping Village.||Ngong Ping / Tung Chung Cable Car Review|
|Next stop was the Po Lin Monastery, where each team received a blessing from a monk.||Say om.|
|From calm into the rush of the race it was, as the teams made the gruelling walk up to the Tian Tan Buddha.||Hong Kong Travel Pass Combo: MTR Pass, Ngong Ping Cable Car and Big Buddha Tour|
|Back down in the city, it was time to cook up some trouble with Master Chef judge Alvin Leung at his Bo Innovation restaurant.|
Nicknamed The Demon Chef, it was no surprise that Leung handed the teams a rather strange list of ingredients to shop for at the wet market.
|Cooking Class and Wet Market Private Tour|
|Wrapping up with a little lesson from Kung Fu master Lee...|
... and striking some compelling poses for a movie director...
... then it was off to the pitstop for Week 3.
|Kowloon Culture and Life Tour|
Hong Kong Private Full-Day Living Culture Tour
Now, to the airports...
The Amazing Race Canada visited Vancouver International Airport (YVR) three times in Season 1. If you missed it, we shared some interesting information on YVR in our Season 1/Week 3 blog post.
Of course, this was the first visit Hong Kong International Airport for the Amazing Race Canada. Here are some things you may not know about HKG Airport:
- There is a 24 hour Plaza Premium Airport Lounge (with showers!) located in the Arrivals Hall, beneath Airport Express platform - RESERVE NOW
- Have a layover? See the city with the Private Hong Kong Layover Tour with Round-Trip Airport Transport
- The easiest way to get into the city is by train: the trip takes just 24 minutes, and trains run every 10-12 minutes (more info)
- The Airport Express train station is between terminals 1 and 2 and is well sign posted
- You can buy your MTR metro and Airport Express Tickets before you travel with the Hong Kong Travel Pass
- You can buy the pass bundled with a Ngong Ping Cable Car and Big Buddha Tour before you travel with the Hong Kong Travel Pass Combo
- Prefer a limo? A Hong Kong Airport private car, with meet and greet service, will get you to the city, the port or anywhere else
- There are also good Hong Kong Airport bus services available
- There is a shared airport shuttle to Chek Lap Kok available
- You can find full details on all options (including how to connect to the Disneyland Resort) in our Hong Kong Airport transportation guide