|Oh Canada! The Amazing Race Canada is back for another season!|
Here are some highlights from the official press release:
Back this summer with all-new teams and exciting, edge-of-your-seat challenges, the most-watched Canadian television series on record returns for a second season of action-packed adventure. Season 1 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA raced ahead of the pack with an average audience of 3.5 million viewers each week, and garnered two Canadian Screen Award wins for Best Photography in a Lifestyle or Reality/Competition Program or Series, and Best Writing in a Lifestyle or Reality/Competition Program or Series.
The most-watched Canadian television series on record kicks-off its heart-pounding second season in a new timeslot, airing Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning July 8 on CTV and CTV GO.What isn't in the press release is one of the most exciting aspects of Season 2: all applicants were required to have a valid passport and be eligible to travel anywhere in the world. As much as we loved the focus on Canada least year, rumours about international travel on The Race this year are most welcome!
What we're excited about:
- International travel - we wonder what airports the teams will visit?
- Rex Harrington will be a competitor (the retired dancer)
- Visits to the Canadian provinces missed in Season 1: Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island
- More Canadian flags!
- @AmazingRaceCDA - the official show tweets
- @jonmonty - Jon Montgomery, the show's host (and Olympian!)
- @ihatetaxis - we'll be blogging and tweeting about the airports visited